Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculate time that is within a range of times

Hello,

I am trying to calculate the availability of digital applications in different countries based on downtimes and working times in each country.

For example:

In my incidents table I have an incident registered from 11/01/18 6 AM to 11/01/18 10:00 AM the real duration is 4 hours but to calculate the availability I need to calculate the time that this incident imapcted each country based on their specific working times.

The working time defined for UK is from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM so the real impact for this country was only from 9 to 10 (1 hour)

On the other hand, working time defined for Germany is from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM so the real impact for this country was only from 7 to 10 (3 hours).

I  need to calculate the availability based on this specific durations for each country. At the end I'm loking to end with something like this:

Capture.PNG

Any help?

Thank you all so much.

3 REPLIES 3
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

You may refer to the DAX below.

Column =
SUMX (
    incident,
    MIN ( incident[to], working[to] ) - MAX ( incident[from], working[from] )
)
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-chuncz-msft

Hi Sam,

I'm using the DAX:

RIncidentDuration = SUMX(
'Incident Catalog',
MIN('Service Schedule'[Finish],'Incident Details'[HFinish]) - MAX('Service Schedule'[Start],'Incident Details'[HStart])
)

However, I get the following error:

A single value for column 'Start' in table 'Service Schedule' cannot be determined. This can happen when a measure formula refers to a column that contains many values without specifying an aggregation such as min, max, count, or sum to get a single result.

Here are my relationships:

Capture.PNG

Details:

• All incident details incluiding start and finish are in the Incident details table. However,
  • One incident might affect severtal countries or applications, that's why I have my Incident catalog table. This contains IncidentID that repeats, as well as affected application and country.
  • Services schedule table has the country code and the start and finish of the service schedule of each one.

I hope you can help me,

Best regards.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Posting sample data that can be copied and pasted and sample output is always helpful. Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490.

That being said, take a look at these two Quick Measures as I think you want something like them.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Open-Tickets/m-p/409364
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Periodic-Billing/m-p/409365

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.