Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AntoineOA
Frequent Visitor

Calculate the turnover of my company

Hello guys,

I am trying to calculate my company's turnover. I already tried to fix my problem by looking for the solution on other posts but I can't find it.

I have a date table added directly on powerbi that has no direct relation in my database.

I have an employee table with a start date and an end date within the company. Some of my employees have several rows because some of them have done an internship before being employed permanently. So I added a column where I add "leaver" if the person has left the company permanently.

I have so far done this measure:
Leavers = CALCULATE(
COUNTROWS(EMPLOYEE),
FILTER( VALUES( EMPLOYEE[ValidTo]), EMPLOYEE[ValidTo] <=MAX('Date'[Date])), EMPLOYEE[Internal_move] = "Leaver")

The result of this measure when I combine it with my date table gives me a cumulative increasing number of employees per year but not the exact number of people who left during the year. So the final result for 2022 is 72 but only 6 employees left the company in 2022.

How can I fix that to get 6 for 2022 ?
Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AntoineOA ,

What is the purpose of using "EMPLOYEE[ValidTo] <=MAX('Date'[Date])" in a formula?

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
Signore_Ands
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @AntoineOA 

Here is my measure for leavers in the Month:

Leavers This Month =
VAR CurrentMonth = SELECTEDVALUE('Calendar_Months'[month_of_yr])
VAR CurrentYear = SELECTEDVALUE('Calendar_Months'[calendar_yr])

RETURN
CALCULATE(MAX(SUM('PC - EE List'[#]),0),
FILTER('PC - EE List',
year('PC - EE List'[Termination Date])=CurrentYear &&
month('PC - EE List'[Termination Date])=CurrentMonth)
)

The Max is in there just to make sure we have a 0 rather than a Blank, if no one left in the reporting period.
The SELECTEDVALUE bits refer to the outputs of my slicers - year and month - on the report.

This should probably would work for the End Date in your data set, where the Leaver column in populated.

Hope that helps.

Hi @Signore_Ands 

I'm trying something like you. I splited values from my endDate column to create two news columns. One for LeavingYear and one for LeavingMonth. 
I don't really understand this part of your measure : CALCULATE(MAX(SUM('PC - EE List'[#]),0),
What is the #? 

In my Employee list I add a counter column (#) that has a 1 in every row. 
It's a way of doing the COUNTROWS(EMPLOYEE), that you are doing.
So by summing  the # column and filtering on the leave year and month, I get the count of leavers for that period.

Here's a snapshot of my data in case it helps:

Signore_Ands_0-1654089206603.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.