Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

carolinefer
Helper I
Helper I

Calculate the quantity of each product that have been downgraded/removed from customer account

Hello All, 

I have a table with products that I need to know how many customers have removed a certain item from their package.

I tried the following formula but did not work: 

Isdowngrade = IF ( and([prior customer]= 1 , ISBLANK([Current Customer])), 1 , BLANK()) 

carolinefer_0-1638971881076.png

I also want to remove the customer ID because I am only interested in knowing the total of packages removed. 

This would also apply for the upgrades: 

If customer never had that product and has just acquired: 

Isupgrade = IF ([Current Customer] = 1 && ISBLANK([prior customer] && [Days since last purchase] > 0 ), [Current Customer], BLANK())

It is not showing me the right number of total packages per month that have been removed or upgraded. would appreciate your help. Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
carolinefer
Helper I
Helper I

@lbendlin  that is just amazing! thank you so much for looking into this. It is a very good solution.  I will download to excel to find the total of customer per month! 🙂 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
carolinefer
Helper I
Helper I

@lbendlin  that is just amazing! thank you so much for looking into this. It is a very good solution.  I will download to excel to find the total of customer per month! 🙂 

carolinefer
Helper I
Helper I

@lbendlin did I provide enough information? Thanks 

Here's what I have so far:

1. Create a reference table for the cross Join

Reference = CROSSJOIN(VALUES(bidowngrade[package]),VALUES(bidowngrade[date]))

2. Add the required measures

Additions = 
var c= SELECTEDVALUE(Reference[date])
var p= CALCULATE(max(Reference[date]),Reference[date]<c)
var cv=CALCULATE(sum(bidowngrade[amount_usd]),bidowngrade[date]=c,TREATAS(VALUES(Reference[package]),bidowngrade[package]))
var pv=CALCULATE(sum(bidowngrade[amount_usd]),bidowngrade[date]=p,TREATAS(VALUES(Reference[package]),bidowngrade[package]))
return if(ISBLANK(pv) && not ISBLANK(cv),1,0)

Deletions = 
var cv=CALCULATE(sum(bidowngrade[amount_usd]),bidowngrade[date]=c,TREATAS(VALUES(Reference[package]),bidowngrade[package]))
var pv=CALCULATE(sum(bidowngrade[amount_usd]),bidowngrade[date]=p,TREATAS(VALUES(Reference[package]),bidowngrade[package]))
return if(ISBLANK(cv) && not ISBLANK(pv),1,0)

Increases = 
return if(cv>pv,1,0)

Decreases = 
return if(pv>cv,1,0)

3. Add a cleanup filter for rows without data

Changed = [Additions]+[Decreases]+[Deletions]+[Increases]

4. Apply the filter

This kinda works but is very slow.  I may need to rethink my approach.  See attached.

carolinefer
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @lbendlin, this should also ben counted as downgrade or upgrade. Hope it is possible. Thank you for looking after it! 

carolinefer
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @lbendlin , 

Thank you so much for looking into this. 

This is the sample file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1moc4Wfji52Gklmf-T2Q1wzVN4FHBBcIj/view?usp=sharing

The outcome is :

DatePremier DowgradeEssencial DowngradePayment Processing Downgrade  
Oct 202151015  
Nov 202181012  

The goal is to count how many packages have been added or removed per month. 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

thank you for the sample data. I see that some packages have changed value from one month to the other - how should that be represented?

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sanitized sample data that fully covers your issue. Paste the data into a table in your post or use one of the file services. Please show the expected outcome.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.