Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mwen90
Helper III
Helper III

Calculate per month

Hi, 

I have a table which has the date an item was created. The item is created on a weekly basis on one day. Normally 50-100 items are created on that day. 

I want to create a report for how many times the task was done over a month. However, everything I do gives me the total of rows. 

So rather than 3000 for August, I am interested in the result of 3 or 4 times (the number of times that activity was taken that month).

Ie. If I have 01/08/2019 (20 times), 08/08/2019 (50 times), 15/08/2019 (50 times), 23/08/2019 (20 times), 30/08/2019 (20 times) how can I create the result of 5 (number of times event has taken place over the month) not 160! 

How would I do this? 

Cheers, 

3 REPLIES 3
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mwen90 

you might consider to create a pbix file that will contain some sample data, upload the pbix to onedrive or dropbox and share the link to the file(Not just screenshot). Please do not forget to describe the expected results based on this sample data.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Hey, 

Apolgies for the delay. 

I've attached a photo. Basically, I want to calculate how many times a company name has been entered for the current month. If it is more then 4, then I want a green box, if it is less, then red. 

The issue is, I don't want to write a DAX for each company name as there could be thousands. So how do I calculate if the comapny name has been entered 4 times within the current month? 

Thanks for the help! @v-diye-msft @Anonymous 

Company Name.PNG

Cheers,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mwen90 

Better give some data we can work with. Better we can copy and paste it.

In general, you need to group by day and month and then count the occurrences in each month.

Cheers!
A

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors