Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ygandhi1

Calculate measure for specific type grouping

Hi,
I want to create a calculated measure. My data is live connected to ssrs so I cannot create a calculated column nor I can select and group.

I have 3 tables: Account which has a field Account name
Sales which has a field sales person (it has all the name and also has a value unknown and blank)

I want to find out if the Accounts has a sales person associated with it then it should show Available
But if the Account name has unknown or blank associated with it then show unavailable.

Thank you in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Ygandhi1

Correction: I have 2 tables

P. S I am very new to power BI.

Hi @Ygandhi1,

Yeah, there are some limiations live connected to ssrs, we can't create measure and calculated column. You'd better use import model. Or you create a viusal, add all the needed data into the table. Then export the data into csv file, open another .pbix file and upload the data from csv file, and create measure and calculated column there.

I want to find out if the Accounts has a sales person associated with it then it should show Available
But if the Account name has unknown or blank associated with it then show unavailable.

It's hard to post detailed solution without sample table. If there is relationship between the table? You'd better share the sample table and list expected result for further analysis.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.