Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vitinho
Helper I
Helper I

Calculate function not avaiable

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the calculate function on my OCDB and this function isn't avaible for me when I'm trying to create a new collum. Anyone has an ideia of what can be going on?

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vitinho,

It seems you connect to ODBC data source, which calculate function do you want to use to create a calculated column? If you create a calculated column in report view, you can use DAX functions. While in Query Editor, you need to use Power Query functions.

It would be better if you can share sample data and expected calculated column values for our analysis.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

To me it sounds like you are using Direct Query and I'm pretty sure you can't create calculated columns/measures over Direct Query sources - but I didn't think ODBC was a DQ datasource.  I figured it would import the data and once in you can enhance your model.

Are you able to create any calculated measures or columns?

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

I'm only able to use calculate on measures. It doesn't appear when I'm trying to create a new collumn.

That sounds like expected behavior. CALCULATE is only for Measures.

vitinho
Helper I
Helper I

Nobody??? I'm getting desperate =/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.