Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Vinothsusai
Helper III
Helper III

Calculate formula column based on Id referred column(Non Sequence ID number) - power bi desktop

Hi,

I have Formula column that each value is referred to the Id column. I need to caculate total amount based on the formula column.

For ex:

ReportLayout.Formula(D215) = Line ID(215)

21.png

The below formula works fine for the sequence numbers

Measure =
VAR maxf =
    MAX ( HANGeneralJournals_Remodify[ReportLayout.Formula] )
VAR sub = SUBSTITUTE ( maxf, "D", "" )
VAR no =
    LEN (maxf) - LEN ( SUBSTITUTE ( sub, "+", "" ) )
VAR a =
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( HANGeneralJournals_Remodify[AccountingCurrencyAmount]  ),
        FILTER (
            ALL ( HANGeneralJournals_Remodify ),
            HANGeneralJournals_Remodify[ReportLayout.Line ID] <= MAX ( HANGeneralJournals_Remodify[ReportLayout.Line ID]  )
                && HANGeneralJournals_Remodify[ReportLayout.Line ID]
                    >= MAX ( HANGeneralJournals_Remodify[ReportLayout.Line ID]  ) - no
        )
    )
RETURN
    IF ( maxf = BLANK (),0 , a )

If it has non sequence number (For ex. 215+248+250+251+273). it not works. I tried to modify the formula that not works. Could you please advise.

Could you please advise how we can acheive this

Thanks

Vinoth S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi, @Vinothsusai 

Just adjust the formula as below:

Measure 4 = 
VAR maxf =
    MAX ( HANGeneralJournals_Remodify[Column 3])

RETURN
    IF ( maxf = BLANK (),0 , CALCULATE(SUM(HANGeneralJournals_Remodify[Custom Main Amount]),FILTER(ALL(HANGeneralJournals_Remodify),ISBLANK([ReportLayout.Line ID])=FALSE()&&CONTAINSSTRINGEXACT(maxf,"D"&[ReportLayout.Line ID]))))

Result:

For example, in your sample pbix file, the formula is "D231+D276+D284+D281+D282+D283", So I use a custom column 3 in the example:

1.JPG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI, @Vinothsusai 

You could use this simple formula:

Measure = 
VAR maxf =
    MAX ( HANGeneralJournals_Remodify[ReportLayout.Formula] )

RETURN
 IF ( maxf = BLANK (),0 , CALCULATE(SUM(HANGeneralJournals_Remodify[AccountingCurrencyAmount]),FILTER(ALL(HANGeneralJournals_Remodify),CONTAINSSTRINGEXACT(maxf,[ReportLayout.Line ID]))) ) 

here is simple sample example:

1.JPG

Best Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply.

The calculated measure values are not correct. Could you please advise where i did mistake in the report.

Please see the below screen shot.

27.png

Thanks

Vinoth SUSAINATHAN

hi, @Vinothsusai 

Do you have done any filter by slicer, if so try ALLSELECTED instead of ALL in this formula.

And if you still have the problem, please share a sample pbix file.

Best Regards,

lin

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried with ALLSELECTED. It seems something wrong in calculated result. Could you please advise.

28.png

Thanks

Vinoth SUSAINATHAN

hi, @Vinothsusai 

Please share the sample pbix file.

You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,

Lin

hi, @Vinothsusai 

Just adjust the formula as below:

Measure 4 = 
VAR maxf =
    MAX ( HANGeneralJournals_Remodify[Column 3])

RETURN
    IF ( maxf = BLANK (),0 , CALCULATE(SUM(HANGeneralJournals_Remodify[Custom Main Amount]),FILTER(ALL(HANGeneralJournals_Remodify),ISBLANK([ReportLayout.Line ID])=FALSE()&&CONTAINSSTRINGEXACT(maxf,"D"&[ReportLayout.Line ID]))))

Result:

For example, in your sample pbix file, the formula is "D231+D276+D284+D281+D282+D283", So I use a custom column 3 in the example:

1.JPG

Best Regards,

Lin

Hi,

Thank you very much for your answer. It works fine. 

Thanks

Vinoth S

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.