Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculate filter not working correctly

Hi guys,

I have a measure where I want to calculate the amount of devices are more than 30 minutes (time colomn) active on a given day:

Occupancy =
CALCULATE(COUNT(Buildings[Device]); FILTER(Sensordata; Sensordata[time] >=30))

When I put a regular Calculate(count) of the devices in a visual and put a filter (time >=30) in the filter pane, the outcome is perfect. The right amount of devices is returned and when selecting a date in the table visual, all these devices are shown in another visual.

When I put in a filter in a measure (like the above code), the right amount of devices that have 30+ are returned as well, but also devices with <30 minutes are shown in a visual.

How is this possible?

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

I couldn't reproduce your issue, the visual will be filtered on my side. I guess this issue should be related to your data. Could you share sample data of table "Buildings" and "Sensordata" for further test? (please do not post the original data)

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.