Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RH-BIP
Helper III
Helper III

Calculate filter not working (Using DirectQuery for Power BI datasets and AAS (preview)

Hi all,

This simple measure does not work anymore. Switched from import to DQ  (Using DirectQuery for Power BI datasets and AAS (preview)

Is this expected behavior? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-directquery-datasets-azure-analysis-s... Maybe it is a limitation?

Measure 1 is correct, but Measure 2 should be way less. But it does not filter correctly, it is like the filter from TableCustomers is not filtering the SalesTable throughout TableDebtors. Hope somebody can help!

RHBIP_0-1635146531324.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-easonf-msft 

Yes, I fixed the problem! I cannot change the direction in the datamodel to both because of other relations. But I fixed the problem with the dax function Crossfilter in the measure. I still do not understand fully why the filtering in a mixed storage mode behaves different from import..I hope I can find a good explanation somewhere. Any tips?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @RH-BIP 

Have you checked the cross filter direction between tables?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Yes, look at the attached image. It is setup as 1 to many (single direction)

Hi, @RH-BIP 

Could you please tell me whether your problem has been solved?

Best Regards,

Hi, @RH-BIP 

If your data is filtered like the following screenshot, you can use the field in 'TableCustomers' to filter the data in
'Sales table' but you cannot use the field in 'Sales table' to filter the data in 'TableCustomers'.

135.png

Maybe you need  change the filter direction between tables to bidirectional (both).

Best Regards,

Hi @v-easonf-msft 

Yes, I fixed the problem! I cannot change the direction in the datamodel to both because of other relations. But I fixed the problem with the dax function Crossfilter in the measure. I still do not understand fully why the filtering in a mixed storage mode behaves different from import..I hope I can find a good explanation somewhere. Any tips?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors