Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ievazal
Frequent Visitor

Calculate expected responses

Hello!

I am struggling on how to tackle expected responses (from a survey) calculation, granted that the expected response amount has changed over time. It used to be 5 until May and now it's 6. Is it possible to amend the calculation from a row, where the expected amount has changed to 6?

For the calculation with 5, at first we got the total expected responses with: each [Week of year]*5. From there on, the expected responses we got by using MAX on total expected responses. 

Expected responses calculation is needed to calculate % of responses ( actual responses / expected responses). If not possible to amend calculation from row, then would there be another way on how to calculate % of responses, as in, how many of the expected responses we have received?

Could anyone provide any help and advice on how to tackle this? Please let me know if further information is needed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bubble4502
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @ievazal ,

Please try:

Total responses = IF(MAX('Table (2)'[ID])<21,MAX('Table (2)'[Week of Year])*5,MAX('Table (2)'[Week of Year])*6)

Output:

Bubble4502_0-1660030205538.png

Kind Regards,

Bubble

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bubble4502
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @ievazal ,

Please try:

Total responses = IF(MAX('Table (2)'[ID])<21,MAX('Table (2)'[Week of Year])*5,MAX('Table (2)'[Week of Year])*6)

Output:

Bubble4502_0-1660030205538.png

Kind Regards,

Bubble

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This did it for me, thanks a lot!!

v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ievazal ,

Sorry for that the information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please share more details to help us clarify your scenario?

Please provide me with more details about your table and your problem or share me with your pbix file after removing sensitive data.

Refer to:

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

Sorry about not sharing an example of table previously.. 

IDWeek of YearActual responses = COUNTROWS ('Weekly survey data')Expected responses = max (Total responses)Total responses = each [Week of year]*5% of responses = actual responses / expected responses

I wanted to know if one can apply an additional, different measure on total responses, that would apply from a row, for example, from row ID 21 (and further), the measure would be - each [Week of year]*6, while keeping each [Week of year]*5 for row ID 19, 20. This would solve the problem of showing accurate survey completion participant percentage, which I am concerned about. I hope this made a little more sense.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.