Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

CD1
Frequent Visitor

Calculate dynamic percentage difference with slicers

Is it possible to calculate a percentage difference that dynamically changes based on slicers.

POWER BI.png

Table 1: YTD 

Table 2: What I want when filtering with slicers (here by month)

Table 3: The result 

I've tried two methods to show the Mix % calculation:

1) show mix % based on volume column as percentage of column - but can't calculate correct mix difference

2) calculate mix by dividing volume by sum of volume - doesn't work because the sum of volume is based on a different summary table and therefore can not filter correctly with slicers (I need to be able to filter my table and show 100% mix based on what is filtered and not over the original total)

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @CD1

You may try to use ALLSELECTED Function (DAX) as below. Here is the reference for you.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Percentage-Sum-Total/m-p/469771#M218237

Mix% Actual =
DIVIDE (
    SUM ( 'table'[Volume] ),
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'table'[Volume] ), ALLSELECTED ( 'table'[Slicer] ) )
)

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @CD1

You may try to use ALLSELECTED Function (DAX) as below. Here is the reference for you.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Percentage-Sum-Total/m-p/469771#M218237

Mix% Actual =
DIVIDE (
    SUM ( 'table'[Volume] ),
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'table'[Volume] ), ALLSELECTED ( 'table'[Slicer] ) )
)

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Seward12533
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Can you share what you have tried and the actual and desired results. (i.e. what do you measures look like, if you cant' share you model at least show a screen shot of the tables and hwo they are related and the definitions of the key measures. 

Tip - the measures will probably look like this

Total Volume Actual = CALCULATE([Volume_Act],All(table[Company]))

Mix % Actual = DIVIDE([Volume_Act],[Total Volume Actual])

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.