Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Evandam
Helper II
Helper II

Calculate difference between invoice amount not based on date

I'm looking for a way to calculate the difference between invoice amount, but not based on dates (month), but based on order of the invoice. So the difference between each invoice per client based on the fact that the invoice number increases each time.

the sample data looks like this:

dummy data.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pls try this

Column = 
VAR _l=maxx(FILTER('Table (2)','Table (2)'[client]=EARLIER('Table (2)'[client])&&'Table (2)'[invoice]<EARLIER('Table (2)'[invoice])),'Table (2)'[invoice])
return if(ISBLANK(_l),BLANK(),'Table (2)'[amount]-maxx(FILTER('Table (2)','Table (2)'[client]=EARLIER('Table (2)'[client])&&'Table (2)'[invoice]=_l),'Table (2)'[amount]))

1.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

could you pls provide the expected output?

hi @ryan_mayu ,

it comes down to this:

result dummy.jpg

pls try this

Column = 
VAR _l=maxx(FILTER('Table (2)','Table (2)'[client]=EARLIER('Table (2)'[client])&&'Table (2)'[invoice]<EARLIER('Table (2)'[invoice])),'Table (2)'[invoice])
return if(ISBLANK(_l),BLANK(),'Table (2)'[amount]-maxx(FILTER('Table (2)','Table (2)'[client]=EARLIER('Table (2)'[client])&&'Table (2)'[invoice]=_l),'Table (2)'[amount]))

1.PNG

@ryan_mayu 

Thank you! 
Almost works 100%. Only the last month of each years sums all the rows as you can see in the picture. Is there a way to fix this?

result1.jpg

yes , because you have more than one value for that month, what's the expected otuput?

aaah sorry... its because i use the month and year in the X-axis so the values get summed in the vissual. thanks 🙂

you are welcome

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.