Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ansa_naz
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Calculate customer running overdue balance

Hi all, I am trying to calculate a running customer Overdue balance (not a running customer balance, which I already have)
Example data is:

Cust_Transactions

AccountAmountCreatedDueClosed
100000226.6701/09/201801/10/201815/12/2018
100000125.0011/11/201811/12/201818/02/2019
100000550.3501/01/201901/02/201915/05/2019
100000250.5509/03/201909/04/201919/05/2019
100000655.0005/04/201905/06/2019 

What I need to calculate is:

DateTable.DateOverdue
31/01/2019125.00
28/02/2019550.35
31/03/2019550.35
30/04/2019800.90
31/05/20190.00
30/06/2019655.00
31/07/2019655.00
31/08/2019655.00
30/09/2019655.00
31/10/2019655.00
30/11/2019655.00
31/12/2019655.00

So at any given Datetable.Date, I need to see what the Overdue balance is for a customer in the current filter context. A transaction is overdue if:

Datetable.Date is greater than Due date, and less than Close date
Or
Datetable.Date is greater than Due date, and Close date is blank

Can anyone please hep with this? Its been bugging me for ages
Many thanks for all help

Edited: - to include blank Close date value in Trans table

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ansa_naz ,

Try formula similar to the following:

Current Overdue = CALCULATE(sumx(FILTER(Cust_Transactions,Cust_Transactions[due_date]<=max('Datetable'[Date]) 
 && (isblank(Cust_Transactions[close_date]) ||  Cust_Transactions[close_date]>max('Datetable'[Date]))),Cust_Transactions[Amount]))+0
Current Overdue = 
var _co=CALCULATE(sumx(FILTER(Cust_Transactions,Cust_Transactions[due_date]<=max('Datetable'[Date]) 
 && (isblank(Cust_Transactions[close_date]) ||  Cust_Transactions[close_date]>max('Datetable'[Date]))),Cust_Transactions[Amount]))
 return
 IF(_co=BLANK(),0,_co)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Joey
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Please try like

Current Overdue = CALCULATE(sumx(FILTER(Cust_Transactions,Cust_Transactions[due_date]<=max('Datetable'[Date]) 
 && (Cust_Transactions[close_date]>max('Datetable'[Date]))),Cust_Transactions[Amount]))

In case you have a join; use crossjoin to remove that.

Refer my blog on similar topic

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-tr...

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution. In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
Thanks. My Recent Blog -
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Power-BI-Working-with-Non-Standard-Time-Periods/ba-p...
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges/ba-p/823601

ansa_naz
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @amitchandak many thanks for the reply. Is there any way to also show the months where current Overdue =0? Currently, these months are not being shown. My datetable in this instance goes from Jan 2019 to Dec 2019, so ideally I would like to show Jan as 0, and Aug to Dec as 0:

Current overdue.jpg

Many thanks for the help

Please share formula you created.

ansa_naz
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @amitchandak current measure is:

Current Overdue =
CALCULATE (
    SUMX (
        FILTER (
            Data,
            Data[due] < MAX ( 'Date'[Date] )
                && ( Data[closed] > MAX ( 'Date'[Date] ) )
        ),
        Data[Amount]
    )
)

Cheers

On the join. Try to have cross join

Current Overdue = CALCULATE ( SUMX ( FILTER ( Data, Data[due] < MAX ( 'Date'[Date] ) && ( Data[closed] > MAX ( 'Date'[Date] ) ) ), Data[Amount] )
,CROSSFILTER(Data[due],'Date'[Date],None) )

I am assuming you have join between data[due] and date[date].

Else try crossjoin

ansa_naz
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @amitchandak , there is no join, if I try to create a join between Data[Due] & Date[Date] I get the following error:

Current overdue1.jpg

Not sure how I can create this join?

ansa_naz
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @amitchandak 

I have just noticed that this measure doesnt account for blank Data[Closed].

Try if you blank close dates

&& (isblank(Cust_Transactions[close_date]) ||  Cust_Transactions[close_date]>max('Datetable'[Date]))),Cust_Transactions[Amount]))

In case there is already a relation make it crossfilter. If it is not there it should be fine.

Refer this article

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-tr...

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution. In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
Thanks. My Recent Blog -
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Power-BI-Working-with-Non-Standard-Time-Periods/ba-p...
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges/ba-p/823601

ansa_naz
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @amitchandak so the amounts are correct for blank Closed date now, thank you for that. However, the zero amounts still do not show. I have revised the original post to make this clearer. Please can you advise any further?

Hi @ansa_naz ,

Try formula similar to the following:

&& (isblank(Cust_Transactions[close_date]) ||  Cust_Transactions[close_date]>max('Datetable'[Date]))),Cust_Transactions[Amount]))+0
Current Overdue = 
var _co=CALCULATE(sumx(FILTER(Cust_Transactions,Cust_Transactions[due_date]<=max('Datetable'[Date]) 
 return
 IF(_co=BLANK(),0,_co)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Joey
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Many thanks @v-joesh-msft 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.