Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

msaninfo
Helper I
Helper I

Calculate % change for multiple series show in card

Working on KPI dashboard in which I would need to show the top 3 corporations in the bar chart and show  % delta change and share of investments in the cards beside to the chart (as shown below). the top 3 corps are vary based on country selection. I'm facing challenges to calculcate % changes for each corporation and show in the card, as the corporations would vary and how can i capture the corporation and calculate % changes?   

Pic123.PNG

Thanks,

Sankar M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Followed by my trail post, in multi-row card there is no option to set display units. 

Looking forward your kind suggestions/thoughts.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @msaninfo 

I think you can build a measure to calculate % changes .

Due to I don't know your data model, I build a sample to have a test.

I add a Rank column in my sample.

RANK = RANKX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Country]=EARLIER('Table'[Country])),'Table'[Current],,DESC,Dense)

1.png

Measures:

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Current]),FILTER('Table','Table'[RANK]<=3))-CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[LAST]),FILTER('Table','Table'[RANK]<=3))
SOI = [Measure]/CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[LAST]),FILTER('Table','Table'[RANK]<=3))

Result:

2.png3.png

You can see dynamic SOI by select Slicer.

You can download the pbix file from this link: Calculate % change for multiple series show in card

If this reply still couldn't help you solve your problem, please show me your data model and tell me your calculate logic of SOI.

Or you can share your pbix file with me by your Onedrive for Business.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Rico Zhou, thank you so for comments. I have manged to drive the KPI metrics for top 3 corporation as per your instructions and showing in multi-row card. However, I'm facing a challenges, as there is no option to apply conditional formatting based on % change (+ve, -ve) in multi-row card.  For ALL CORPORATION, I have calculated % change and showing in a single card with conditional formatting (with UNICHAR), but not able to apply same for multi-row card. (PBI screenshot for your reference). Do you have any suggestion??

PBI Screen.png

Thanks in advance.

Sankar M

Followed by my trail post, in multi-row card there is no option to set display units. 

Looking forward your kind suggestions/thoughts.

Finally, I got a solution. I have used Matrix instead multi-row card and applied the formatting/icons as needed.  PBI Screen.png

Thank you so much for your suggestions/mentors on right time..

Sankar M

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.