Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

summit20
Helper I
Helper I

Calculate between rows based on another column

I have a bid sheet with raw bid data as shown in the table below. Every project I enter my bid and am always the top bidder in the row (CCI). I am trying to create another column that shows the difference between my bid and every other bid. I plan to filter this data by the project number so the filtered data will only show one row that says CCI as the bidder. The unfiltered version shows multiple rows that have CCI because it shows every project. How can I show the difference between the bids for each project?

Bids1.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@summit20 , try like

Difference = var _1 = Minx(filter(Sheet1,[Project #] =EARLIER([Project #]) && Sheet1[Bidder]="CCI"),[Bid Amount])
return if(ISBLANK(_1),BLANK(),[Bid Amount]-_1)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@summit20 , Can you share sample data and sample output in table format?

@amitchandak Here is what the raw data would look like. Notice the difference column would be some sort of calculated column.

Project #BidderBid Amount
1CCI10
1ABC11
1DEF12
2CCI50
2ABC55
2DEF60
2GHI65

Here is what I would hope the output would look like.

Project #BidderBid AmountDifference
1CCI10-
1ABC111
1DEF122
2CCI50-
2ABC555
2DEF6010
2GHI6515

@summit20 ,

Difference = var _1 = Minx(filter(Sheet1,[Project #] =EARLIER([Project #]) && [Bid Amount] <EARLIER([Bid Amount])),[Bid Amount])

@amitchandak . We are so close! That works as long as CCI is the lowest bidder. I changed the Bid in Project 2 to 105 and it based the calculation off the lowest bidder. Is there a way to make all of the formulas based off of CCI's bid instead of the lowest bidder?

Project #BidderBidDifference

CCI10 
1ABC11

1DEF122
2CCI10550
2ABC55 
2DEF605
2GHI6510

@summit20 , try like

Difference = var _1 = Minx(filter(Sheet1,[Project #] =EARLIER([Project #]) && Sheet1[Bidder]="CCI"),[Bid Amount])

That worked!!! Thank you so much!!! Any good resource to help understand how you built this and the logic for this formula to help me better learn PowerBI?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.