cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculate between 2 dates

HI , 

Good day to you. 

I tried multiples on Calculation between 2 dates by this calculation Diff= 1.*([Last Date]-[First Date]) . The output shown different number which i type manual on Excel for 6 to 7 days. 
I'm wondering , what wrong with the data ? while i verify again and again. still foundd nothing wrong on the originated data. 

Thanks with regards 
Chanleakna Hang 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft v-yulgu-msft
Microsoft

Re: Calculate between 2 dates

Hi @Chanleakna123,

Are you aimed to create a measure or calculated column using this formula Diff= 1.*([Last Date]-[First Date])? 

If it is the latter and [Last Date] and [First Date] are both column fields, this formula is correct. It can return expected results.

Otherwise, you should use DateDiff function to return date interval between two dates in a measure:

Diff = DATEDIFF([First Date],[LastDate],DAY)

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft v-yulgu-msft
Microsoft

Hi @Chanleakna123,

Are you aimed to create a measure or calculated column using this formula Diff= 1.*([Last Date]-[First Date])? 

If it is the latter and [Last Date] and [First Date] are both column fields, this formula is correct. It can return expected results.

Otherwise, you should use DateDiff function to return date interval between two dates in a measure:

Diff = DATEDIFF([First Date],[LastDate],DAY)

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

woww , it works. thanks you so much 

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Kudos Received Badges Coming

New Kudos Received Badges Coming

Kudos to you if you earned one of these! Check your inbox for a notification.

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Learn about the award-winning innovation that was implemented across Microsoft’s Business Applications Communities.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (1,135)