Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nelson-Cheng

Calculate average value from multiple measures, and then exclude the outliner

I have a list of items cost from different manufacturer & in different currency.

So i create a measure to convert each manufacturing cost with dynamic currency conversion. But i need to compare the manufacturer cost item by item to get each item's average cost.

And then base on the average manufacturer cost to set a threshold if any manufacturer cost is above or below 50% compare to the average manufacturer cost to be excluded. Then recalculate the NEW average manufacturer cost.

With the NEW average manufacturer cost, i compare it with the lowest manufacturer cost and try to get the cost saving item by item.

I create the below formula, it is able to calculate and display in a Table one by one.

But it turns out the total in the table format or in the summarize card format visual, it is not correct as the calculation will calculate againe in the total level......

Can anyone help for this case?

What i have already: 

Manufacturer A cost = [CostA]

Manufacturer B cost = [CostB]

Manufacturer C cost = [CostC]

What i try to do for the measure to get the New average to excl 50% above / below : 

//to exclude if the manufacturer didn't provide with cost

VAR _costcount = INT ( [Cost A] <> BLANK () )+ INT ( [Cost B] <> BLANK () )+ INT ( [Cost C] <> BLANK () )

VAR _threshold = DIVIDE ( [Cost A] + [Cost B] + [Cost C] , _costcount)

VAR _upperthreshold = _threshold*1.5
VAR _lowwerthreshold = _threshold*0.5
VAR _CostA = IF( [Cost A] <> BLANK(), IF(AND([Cost A]>=_lowwerthreshold , [Cost A]<=_upperthreshold), [Cost A]))

VAR _CostB = IF( [Cost B] <> BLANK(), IF(AND([Cost B]>=_lowwerthreshold , [Cost B]<=_upperthreshold), [Cost B]))

VAR _CostC = IF( [Cost C] <> BLANK(), IF(AND([Cost C]>=_lowwerthreshold , [Cost C]<=_upperthreshold), [Cost C]))

VAR _newcostcount = INT ( _CostA<> BLANK () )+ INT ( _CostB <> BLANK () )+ INT ( _CostC <> BLANK () )

RETURN
DIVIDE (_CostA +_CostB +_CostC, _newcostcount )

Check the saving between Lowest Cost with New Average Cost
Cost Save = [Average excl 50% above & below] - 'Factory Cost'[CostA]

Test.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Nelson-Cheng ,
try like
Cost Save new = sumx(Values(Table[Item]),[Cost Save])

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Nelson-Cheng ,
try like
Cost Save new = sumx(Values(Table[Item]),[Cost Save])

@amitchandak 

Great Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.