Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Clay82
Frequent Visitor

Calculate and visualize lead time

Hi all, 

I am trying to calculate and visualize our supplier lead time. I want to see if the actual lead time we have stated is accurate. The problem is that I am stuck in how to even begin. I can calculate lead time between ordering date and receiving date, but then what? We have hundreds of orders placed every month from different suppliers and I want to be able to see how many of those were received on time, how many were late (exact number of days late) and how many were early (also exact days). The purpose is to tweek our erp lead time so that they match with reality.

Sorry for this insufficient information.

Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Clay82 , there need to be three dates or you can check based on lead time.

If they are column in the same table

New column =

var _diff = datediff( [ordering date],[receiving date], day)

//assume 2 days 

return

Switch(true() ,

_diff< 2, "Early",

_diff =2, "On Time" ,

"Late"

)

Thanks for your suggestion!

I forgot to mention that I cannot create any columns as I am restricted only to the modelling tab and the reporting tab. This is due to that the storage mode is direct query. So the solution can only include measures and not calculated columns. Also your soloution only gives me a true or false if late/early, correct? I need to calculate the exact lead times, not only early/late.

Bucketing seems to be what I need!

Can you assist with the measure as well? I am not able to create any measures in direct query due to restrictions. I can only access the dataset as is and create measures afterwards. Same with query editor, no access. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.