Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculate and filter not working

Hello All, 

I am running some survey stats and have a simple aggregate measure. I am looking to calculate the number of codes in the dataset which have less than 70% respondent agreement. I am using the following dax: 

% Agree <70 = CALCULATE(COUNT(Sheet1[course_code]),FILTER(Sheet1,[11 % Agree Col]<.7))

Its not producing the right answers, the dataset is set up that there may be multiple records for each code, one record for each respondent. 

What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous

In that case.....Try Replacing allselected with VALUES

% Agree <70 =
COUNTROWS ( FILTER ( VALUES ( Sheet1[course_code] ), [11 % Agree Col] < .7 ) )

Regards
Zubair

Please try my custom visuals

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous

Maybe you can try this:

% Agree <70 = CALCULATE(COUNT(Sheet1[course_code]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Sheet1),[11 % Agree Col]<.7))

The only difference is that I added ALLSELECTED to your filter. Might want to try ALL if that doesn't work. Let me know if this helps.

-Parker

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Parker neither worked 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

How are you displaying this measure? A card visual?

Also, are you just trying to get the distinct number of codes? In which case you might want to use the DISTINCTCOUNT function

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Parker, distictcount doesnt seem to want to work either. Not at all sure why. 

Hi @Anonymous,

Please try this:

% Agree <70 = CALCULATE(COUNT(Sheet1[course_code]),FILTER(ALL(Sheet1),[11 % Agree Col]<.7))

If it still doesn't work, please post sample data and show us your desired output so that I can test on my side.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Guys, 

This didnt work. 

my Data is structured like this:

Respondent ID | Category | Code | Agree or Disagree

e.g. 

123455| MED | 1XY45 | Agree

123344| MED | 1XY45 | Disagree

I want to be able to calculate % Agreement of each code (in this case 1XY45) and then count the number of codes that have less than 70% agreement by category. 

So the simple example above would give me 50% agreement for code 1XY45 and 1 survey with less than 70% agreement for the category MED

I seem to be able to calcualte the % Agreement but cant seem to be able to calculate and filter on the % agree measure.

Maybe I need to sumamrise the data?

Thanks so much, 

Keelin

@Anonymous

Give this a shot

% Agree <70 =
COUNTROWS (
    FILTER ( ALLSELECTED ( Sheet1[course_code] ), [11 % Agree Col] < .7 )
)

Regards
Zubair

Anonymous
Not applicable

% Agree <70 =
COUNTROWS (
    FILTER ( ALLSELECTED ( Sheet1[course_code] ), [11 % Agree Col] < .7 )
)

@Zubair_Muhammad 

Hi  Zubair_Mohamad, this is bringing back the overall result of the number of course codes <.7.  It breaks when I try to use the measure to show results by category in a table. I cant seem to work in the categories, for example the simple MED example above. Do you know how I work other filters into this?  Seems like we are part of the way there. 

Thanks

Keelin

@Anonymous

In that case.....Try Replacing allselected with VALUES

% Agree <70 =
COUNTROWS ( FILTER ( VALUES ( Sheet1[course_code] ), [11 % Agree Col] < .7 ) )

Regards
Zubair

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zubair_Muhammad you're a rock star!

Thanks so much for this, it worked. I'll be able to deliver the report on time now. Thanks again

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zubair_Muhammadis a good solution. The alternate is there:

% Agree <70 = CALCULATE(
	COUNTROWS(Sheet1),
	ALLSELECTED(Sheet1)
	[11 % Agree Col] < 0.7
)

I am a big proponant of avoiding mixing Filter and Calculate together unless absolutely necessary.  99% of the time adding filter to calculate is redundant.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.