Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bwang123
Frequent Visitor

Calculate and display Vendor KPI vs Vendor Industry KPI in one table within Power BI

Hello All,

I am working on a report to display a vendor KPI for vendor (filter="a") and vendor industry statistic KPI in one table in Power BI.

1. source data example.

@source data.png

2. Vendor KPI example, vendor filter = "a", the Top Issue by % of Total is displayed.

Vendor KPI_Top Issue by %.png

3.  Vendor industry KPI table - Vendor Industry statistics include all vendors information of same industry as vendor "a" .

Vendor Industry KPI_ Issue by %.png

4.  Desired Final Report - I am working on display both KPI in one table using calcuations within Power BI and I have problems implementing this report and need help.  Vendor Industry is dynamics and changes when a vendor change. For example, if Vendor fileter = d, the Industry KPI shoudl display that for "BabyFood" and how to achieve this within Power BI.

Final Report Vendor KPI vs Industry KPI.png

5. Data link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pt97A1o16GQAimQAazIsAZP_bkXxICGE

Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@bwang123,

Create the following measure in your table.

Vendor KPI = CALCULATE(COUNTA('Source Data'[Case #]),ALLSELECTED('Source Data'[Vendor]))/CALCULATE(COUNTA('Source Data'[Case #]),ALLEXCEPT('Source Data','Source Data'[Vendor]))
Vendor KPI vs Vendor Industry KPI = CALCULATE(COUNTA('Source Data'[Case #]),ALL('Source Data'[Vendor]))/ CALCULATE(COUNTA('Source Data'[Case #]),ALLEXCEPT('Source Data','Source Data'[Vendor Industry]))

For more details, please review attached PBIX file.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@bwang123,

When you don't select any values in the Vendor Industry slicer,  the Vendor KPI vs Vendor Industry KPI equals to (case counts of each issue type)/(counts of all cases in your table).

You would need to select the value in the Vendor Industry slicer to make the Vendor KPI vs Vendor Industry KPI  measure show correctly as that in your pivot table.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@bwang123,

Create the following measure in your table.

Vendor KPI = CALCULATE(COUNTA('Source Data'[Case #]),ALLSELECTED('Source Data'[Vendor]))/CALCULATE(COUNTA('Source Data'[Case #]),ALLEXCEPT('Source Data','Source Data'[Vendor]))
Vendor KPI vs Vendor Industry KPI = CALCULATE(COUNTA('Source Data'[Case #]),ALL('Source Data'[Vendor]))/ CALCULATE(COUNTA('Source Data'[Case #]),ALLEXCEPT('Source Data','Source Data'[Vendor Industry]))

For more details, please review attached PBIX file.

Regards,
Lydia

Thank you, v-yuezhe-msft and "Vendor KPI" works well.  More explaination on 'Vendor Industry KPI" is clarified below: 

I would like to calculate Vendor Industry KPI, column "Industry_% of Total Cases" of Table 3 in this way:

step 1=create Pivot Table from source date.  for example, 'nutrition' industry  'label' issue is 18% of total. 

Vendor Industry P-Table.png

Another example as attached below, for 'BabyFood' industry 'service' issue is about 57% of total.

Vendor Industry P-Table_BABYFOOD.png

step 2: we want to have this industry KPI appear on the final report and 'nutrition' industry 'lable' issue of total percentage 18% will remain unchanged when the vendor filed are belong to 'nutrition'.  for example,

KPI_1OK.png 

another example,

KPI_2OK.png

So, my question is, based on above calrification, how to calculate the Vendor Industry KPI?  I am asking becasue I later have different Vendor Industry KPI appear (attaced blow) and I am not sure the reason since i have not changed calcuation. Thank you.

KPI_3OK.png

Can you help me with this?  Thank you.  

@bwang123,

When you don't select any values in the Vendor Industry slicer,  the Vendor KPI vs Vendor Industry KPI equals to (case counts of each issue type)/(counts of all cases in your table).

You would need to select the value in the Vendor Industry slicer to make the Vendor KPI vs Vendor Industry KPI  measure show correctly as that in your pivot table.

Regards,
Lydia

bwang123
Frequent Visitor

Hello All,

I have problems to Display Dynamic Change of "Vendor Industry" KPI based on "Vendor" selection in Power BI and would like to need your help.

1. Source data, fields
    • Case #
    • Vendor
    • Vendor Industry  (One Vendor belong to one Vendor Industry)
    • Issue of Cases
    • Created On

@source data.png

2.  Key Performance Indicator

• Calculate Top Issues by % of Total Cases = (Count of Issue )/Total Count * 100%
    • KPI by Vendor
    • Vendor KPI_Top Issue by %.png
  • KPI by Vendor Industry
  • Vendor Industry KPI_ Issue by %.png

1. Desired Final Report to display both KPI in one table using calculations in Power BI.

For example, If vendor filter ="a", the Vendor Industry should = 'nutrition',

If vendor filter="d", then Vendor Industry should = "BabyFood".  I cannot figure out how to dynamically change Industry KPI based on vendor selection and need your help.  Thank you.

Final Report Vendor KPI vs Industry KPI.png

4 . Data link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pt97A1o16GQAimQAazIsAZP_bkXxICGE

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.