Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Chanleakna123
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Calculate Total by categories on measure on table

1.PNG

Hi , i have above table. I'd like to sum by code such as what is the total of OP , EP , PM , PS by date. do we have any way to create another measure ? because the total of OP , EP , PM , PS will be calculated to another table. 
your response is much apprecaited. 
Thx 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Chanleakna123,

I have looked into your pbix file. I modified the relationships in attached file. When you create relationships, you can refer to this document firstly: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-create-and-manage-relationships

The error you get last time due to 'EPL'[Code]' is not number data type, so we can't use sum() function. The updated measure below: 

Total By Group = CALCULATE(SUM('Downtime Record (2)'[Minute ]);FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Downtime Record (2)');CONTAINS(FILTER(ALL(EPL);EPL[Code ]=MAX(EPL[Code ]));EPL[SAP Code];'Downtime Record (2)'[EPL])))

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Chanleakna123,

You can create a measure below: 

TotalGroupByCode= calculate(sum([Minute]),filter(all('Downtime Record(2)'),[Code]=MAX([Code])))

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yyu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HI @v-qiuyu-msft
it works on the measure , but when i include in the table , It doesn't work. 
1.PNG

Hi @Chanleakna123,

Would you please share the pbix file with us? You can upload to your OneDrive and send the link tome via private message. Thanks. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Hi @Chanleakna123,

I have looked into your pbix file. I modified the relationships in attached file. When you create relationships, you can refer to this document firstly: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-create-and-manage-relationships

The error you get last time due to 'EPL'[Code]' is not number data type, so we can't use sum() function. The updated measure below: 

Total By Group = CALCULATE(SUM('Downtime Record (2)'[Minute ]);FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Downtime Record (2)');CONTAINS(FILTER(ALL(EPL);EPL[Code ]=MAX(EPL[Code ]));EPL[SAP Code];'Downtime Record (2)'[EPL])))

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.