Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jfn
Frequent Visitor

Calculate Token usage since time reference

I would like to track software license usage. At contract signature, we are given a specific number of tokens to rent software at our convenience. I currently have all the tokens amount we have ordered, with dates, in my datasource. Sometime we rent multiple products in the same day.  How can I achieve a panel that would show the remaining number of tokens in our contract?

Here an example:

DateToken usedRemaining tokens
January 1, 2021100400
January 10, 202150350
January 10, 202125325
January 20, 2021200125

Token on contract500 

Bluein MySQL 
RedNeeds to be in PowerBI 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ChrisMendoza
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@jfn -
You can do as:

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ChrisMendoza
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@jfn -
You can do as:

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

Thanks @ChrisMendoza , I think this is working... But my line chart show the slope the wrong way...? I should start with the full amount and then start going down... Any idea?

jfn_0-1663342815989.png

jfn
Frequent Visitor

Actually, the RemainingTokens column reverts to the full amount when there's no credit being used... I need to find a way to use the remaining tokens from previous row... 

Screenshot 2022-09-16 120521.JPG

@jfn - I feel like I don't have enough understanding of your data model to replicate your issue as my example outputs as I would expect. I recommended reviewing the pattern/technique described at Computing running totals in DAX - SQLBI which is what I've used in this solution with my sample data. If you would like assistance with your data/.pbix you'll need to include as such.

image.png

Find the attached .pbix file for your review.

@ChrisMendoza, I'm currently reviewing the link you sent as well as your PowerBI file. For reference, here's a link to my PowerBI file... https://ksheng-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/jfn_ksh_ca/EdJSoV9sAJ1Ag6BD8J-9Nt4BQLCGQA36DyjU9NvEC... 

Hi,

You may download my PBI file from here.

Hope this helps.

Untitled.png

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
jfn
Frequent Visitor

ok, It seems to work now... I just needed to change the setting for the date; from Date Hierarchy to StartDate... Now I just need to find how to generate a date for each day (not skipping any date)...Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors