Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jfn
Frequent Visitor

Calculate Token usage since time reference

I would like to track software license usage. At contract signature, we are given a specific number of tokens to rent software at our convenience. I currently have all the tokens amount we have ordered, with dates, in my datasource. Sometime we rent multiple products in the same day.  How can I achieve a panel that would show the remaining number of tokens in our contract?

Here an example:

DateToken usedRemaining tokens
January 1, 2021100400
January 10, 202150350
January 10, 202125325
January 20, 2021200125

Token on contract500 

Bluein MySQL 
RedNeeds to be in PowerBI 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ChrisMendoza
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@jfn -
You can do as:

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ChrisMendoza
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@jfn -
You can do as:

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

Thanks @ChrisMendoza , I think this is working... But my line chart show the slope the wrong way...? I should start with the full amount and then start going down... Any idea?

jfn_0-1663342815989.png

jfn
Frequent Visitor

Actually, the RemainingTokens column reverts to the full amount when there's no credit being used... I need to find a way to use the remaining tokens from previous row... 

Screenshot 2022-09-16 120521.JPG

@jfn - I feel like I don't have enough understanding of your data model to replicate your issue as my example outputs as I would expect. I recommended reviewing the pattern/technique described at Computing running totals in DAX - SQLBI which is what I've used in this solution with my sample data. If you would like assistance with your data/.pbix you'll need to include as such.

image.png

Find the attached .pbix file for your review.

@ChrisMendoza, I'm currently reviewing the link you sent as well as your PowerBI file. For reference, here's a link to my PowerBI file... https://ksheng-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/jfn_ksh_ca/EdJSoV9sAJ1Ag6BD8J-9Nt4BQLCGQA36DyjU9NvEC... 

Hi,

You may download my PBI file from here.

Hope this helps.

Untitled.png

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
jfn
Frequent Visitor

ok, It seems to work now... I just needed to change the setting for the date; from Date Hierarchy to StartDate... Now I just need to find how to generate a date for each day (not skipping any date)...Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.