Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PerryJL
Regular Visitor

Calculate Sum based on Column Status and Cross Referencing Tables by EmployeeID

I have a slicer on my page with the DisplayName showing the agents in my company from Table 2. In Table 1, we use the ReferenceID to track which agent put the entry into the system. These tables have the ReferenceID correctly linked in the relationships. I also have a calculated column to show what status the deal is in so I know if it should be included in the goals calculation or not. 

When I create a table in the report and add the display name, it links correctly to the slicer, however, when I add the GoalsTotal to the table, it just puts the same garbage sum of the column instead of the total for each agent. 

I'm a bit fried at this point so taking a break, but any help greatly appreciated as to what I may be doing wrong.

Goals.jpg

Table 1

colReferenceID, colFee, colStatus, GoalsTotal

xxx-xxx-xxx, 500, 5, [if colStatus = 5, colfee, 0]

yyy-yyy-yyy, 500, 2, [if colStatus = 5, colfee, 0]

Table 2

colReferenceID, colDisplayName

xxx-xxx-xxx, John Doe

yyy-yyy-yyy, Jane Smith

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @PerryJL,

Ok. It's pleasant that if your problem could be solved, you could mark the reply as Answered to close this topic and if you have any questions you can contact me.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PerryJL
Regular Visitor

Not sure what happened here. I went through and re-imported all the data, taking care of how it was transformed, and essentially copy and pasted the formulas I had and it all works as expected. I am guessing there is a flaw in the first attempt dataset that is causing the issue.

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @PerryJL,

Based on my test, it could work on my side:

1.PNG

Could you please offer your sample file to have a test if possible?

Regards,

Daniel He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Daniel,

While anonymizing the data to share with you, I reimported a subset of the data and reduced the data set, copied and pasted all the same calculated column information...and it worked as expected. I'm going to dig back through the original data set and see what might be causing the issue.

Degy Anon Data.jpg

Hi @PerryJL,

Ok. It's pleasant that if your problem could be solved, you could mark the reply as Answered to close this topic and if you have any questions you can contact me.

Regards,

Daniel He

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.