Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kkanda
Resolver I
Resolver I

Calculate SUM with two slicers

Hello All,

I am trying to find a solution for the following problem involving a some tables and multiple slicers. To simplify, I have the following table:

GroupReadDateMeterReading
A201801234
B201801342
C201801432
D201801198
A201802761
B201802209
C201802219
D201802356

Both Group and ReadDate are in Text format. I have two slicers based on other related tables for Group and ReadDate. I can get the Group from multiple selection of one slicer - in the format A,C,D or A|C|D by the CONCATENEX function.

VAR Group_Selected = CONCATENATEX( VALUES(Table X[Group]),[Group],"|"). By changing the delimiter to "," I can get the result as A,C,D.

I got the selected value of ReadDate (single value) as a measure again from another Table Y. I created the relationship between all the Tables. Where the relationship is Many to Many, I created separate tables listing single values and relating this table to other tables creating One to Many relationship.

Now I want to apply both these measures as Filters on the above Table to get the SUM of MeterReadings.

I am not able to figure out how to apply multiple values of Group_Selected on the above Table to get a filtered table and then apply the Filter for the ReadDate on that table to get the SUM. I found that a post in the Forum  suggested PATHCONTAINS function, but that is not working for me. 

Please help me in suggesting a solution. Since I am not very proficient in Power BI, it will be helpful in explaining the various steps involved - probably create a table with one Filter, save as VAR table and then apply the second Filter to get the SUM.

Thanking you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @kkanda ,

Can you please share a screesnhot on your data model and the relationships you have created?

Thanks,

Pragati

My Blog: Data Vibe
Connect: LinkedIn
Connect: Twitter

If this helps, Appreciate a KUDOS!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.