Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kkanda
Resolver I
Resolver I

Calculate SUM with two slicers

Hello All,

I am trying to find a solution for the following problem involving a some tables and multiple slicers. To simplify, I have the following table:

GroupReadDateMeterReading
A201801234
B201801342
C201801432
D201801198
A201802761
B201802209
C201802219
D201802356

Both Group and ReadDate are in Text format. I have two slicers based on other related tables for Group and ReadDate. I can get the Group from multiple selection of one slicer - in the format A,C,D or A|C|D by the CONCATENEX function.

VAR Group_Selected = CONCATENATEX( VALUES(Table X[Group]),[Group],"|"). By changing the delimiter to "," I can get the result as A,C,D.

I got the selected value of ReadDate (single value) as a measure again from another Table Y. I created the relationship between all the Tables. Where the relationship is Many to Many, I created separate tables listing single values and relating this table to other tables creating One to Many relationship.

Now I want to apply both these measures as Filters on the above Table to get the SUM of MeterReadings.

I am not able to figure out how to apply multiple values of Group_Selected on the above Table to get a filtered table and then apply the Filter for the ReadDate on that table to get the SUM. I found that a post in the Forum  suggested PATHCONTAINS function, but that is not working for me. 

Please help me in suggesting a solution. Since I am not very proficient in Power BI, it will be helpful in explaining the various steps involved - probably create a table with one Filter, save as VAR table and then apply the second Filter to get the SUM.

Thanking you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @kkanda ,

Can you please share a screesnhot on your data model and the relationships you have created?

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.