Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculate Quarters and add them to matrix

Hi all,

I have made the matrix below but I not sure on how can I fill some columns e.g. quarters. Probably I will need measures but again not sure how to use them or how to put them in the vizualization tab in order to present them correctly.

This is my final output, the matrix that I want to create in my dashboard

final report.png

The tables that I use is the ones here and another one that contains only the Accounts - Subaccounts - Subsubaccounts etc.

DimDate1.pngDimHeaders.pngFactTableps.jpg

The relations between the tables is here

Relations new.png

My visuals options is this

visual.png

I created the measure which I think is the correct one (if not please tell me)

Q1 2020 =
  CALCULATE(
            SUM(FactTable[Amount]),
            GROUPBY('FactTable', [Account]),
            DimDate[Year] = 2020,
            DimDate[Quarter] = 1)

how can I "join" it to the matrix on my dashboard?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous Why don't you try the below option. You will need to create a quarter column (Quarter = Append1[Date].[Quarter] )

and put it between year and month. You can modify the column header from the format option to show it as quarter total.

negi007_1-1603113922572.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous Why don't you try the below option. You will need to create a quarter column (Quarter = Append1[Date].[Quarter] )

and put it between year and month. You can modify the column header from the format option to show it as quarter total.

negi007_1-1603113922572.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , As you have date you can use datesQtd and date table for this and prior qtr

example

QTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESQTD(('Date'[Date])))
Last QTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESQTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,QUARTER)))

Last complete QTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESQTD( ENDOFQUARTER(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,QUARTER))))
Last to last QTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESQTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-2,QUARTER)))
Next QTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESQTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],1,QUARTER)))
Last year same QTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESQTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year)))

The disply you have provided in the first image in not possible.

refer blog from Greg and Paul for Hybrid display with Matrix Column and measure
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Creating-a-custom-or-hybrid-matrix-in-PowerBI/ba-p/1354591
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/The-New-Hotness-Custom-Matrix-Hierarchy/m-p/963588#M428

vote for Hybrid Table
https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=9bc32b23-1eb1-4e74-8b34-349887b37ebc

To get the best of the time intelligence function. Make sure you have a date calendar and it has been marked as the date in model view. Also, join it with the date column of your fact/s. Refer :radacad sqlbi My Video Series Appreciate your Kudos.

Please provide your feedback comments and advice for new videos
Tutorial Series Dax Vs SQL Direct Query PBI Tips
Appreciate your Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.