Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculate Percentage

Hi, I am new to Power BI, can someone help me with calculating the percentage with the symbol % in it I have the below data, for which I have to find the total sum and display it in the percentage value.

Percent

Thanks, Ravi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

You want to calculte the percentage of each value verse total value? For example, 10/(10+20+10+20+15+5+10+5+5), right? If it it, please create a calculated column using the following formula, and see the result shown in the following screenshot.

Percentage = Test11[Percent]/CALCULATE(SUM(Test11[Percent]),ALL(Test11[Percent]))

Capture51.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
frugData

Can you help me to reduce the decimal, my operation is 89.12457831484 %, only I want to have 2 decimal.

thanks!!

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

You want to calculte the percentage of each value verse total value? For example, 10/(10+20+10+20+15+5+10+5+5), right? If it it, please create a calculated column using the following formula, and see the result shown in the following screenshot.

Percentage = Test11[Percent]/CALCULATE(SUM(Test11[Percent]),ALL(Test11[Percent]))

Capture51.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Angelia, I have one more requirement though where I have to add (1+2+3+4+5)=15 and I have to dispay it as 15%

I tried to append "%" symbol in the end, but it dosent sums it after that (considering it as a string).

Thanks,

Ravi

You should be able to just add an & operator to achieve this.

Measure = CALCULATE(
					SUM('Table1'[Column1])
					) & "%"

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot, it works 🙂

Hi @Anonymous,

Please mark the corresponding reply as answer, which will help more people find solution.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

In the Modeling tab, you can set a column to %. In your case, you may have to divide by 100.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.