Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculate Percentage of Meets / Exceeds Surveys per month

I have a measure that calculates the percentage of Met expectations + Exceeded expectations / total number of surveys submitted.

I've been asked to show this total month over month graphically.  

The measure is as follows:

Exceeds / Met Surveys = CALCULATE(DIVIDE(
COUNTROWS(
                                     FILTER(
                                         ALLSELECTED('CorrectiveTrends (3)'),
                                        SEARCH("Exceeded expectations",[Rate your overall satisfaction with the service provided:],1,-1) > 0
                                     )
                                ) + COUNTROWS(
                                     FILTER(
                                         ALLSELECTED('CorrectiveTrends (3)'),
                                        SEARCH("Met expectations",[Rate your overall satisfaction with the service provided:],1,-1) > 0
                                     )
                                ) ,COUNTROWS(FILTER(ALLSELECTED('CorrectiveTrends (3)'),[Rate your overall satisfaction with the service provided:] <> ""))))
When I add the measure to a graph and apply the month as an Axis, only the overall score is shown each month. Can someone please tell me how I would go about showing the percentage of
positive responses for each month?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lc_finance
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

the problem is ALLSELECTED. This formula removes the month filter and only keep the filters selected as slicer. As the month filter is removed, each row will have the same (total) number.

Was there a reason to add ALLSELECTED?

If not, can you try removing it and letting us know if that fixes it?

Regards,

LC

Interested in Power BI templates? Check out my blog at www.finance-bi.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lc_finance
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

the problem is ALLSELECTED. This formula removes the month filter and only keep the filters selected as slicer. As the month filter is removed, each row will have the same (total) number.

Was there a reason to add ALLSELECTED?

If not, can you try removing it and letting us know if that fixes it?

Regards,

LC

Interested in Power BI templates? Check out my blog at www.finance-bi.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ lc_finance, I was able to figure it out. Using your revised calc above, I created a new measure Compliance per month and used an AVERAGEX on the new measure. This seems to be doing exactly what I wanted. I'm going to mark your first answer as the solution. Thanks for all your help!

Wonderful! I am glad this worked out for you.

Do not hesitate if you have additional questions.

Regards,

LC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ lc_finance, Thanks for your help with the ALLSELECTED, I’m new to DAX and thought that this was needed to select all records. Removing this from the measure has helped a bit.  I’m now getting a total per month, but its diving the total score across the 12 months now. Jan 8.45; Feb 9.05; Mar 6.79; Apr 6.97; May 10.3; Jun 8.49; July 9.18; Aug 9.07; Sep 6.33; Oct 8.36; Nov 7.6; Dec 4.64; total 95.23. I’m hoping to show a total per month, such as 95% compliance for January, etc.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.