Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hdsogno
Helper I
Helper I

Calculate Percentage of Column Total

New to BI aand can't figure out how to do this.  There are 2 tables.  Table 1 has Product Group, Product Sub Group and Item.  Table 2 has Country, Years, Sales and Item.  The Matrix has two Slicers, 1 for Country and 1 for Product Group.  How do you calculate the percentage of Total Sales for each Product Sub Group for each Year?  I want the Matrix to look like below.  Any help would be appreciated.

Sales MatrixSales Matrix

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hdsogno ,

The formula that parry2k suggests works like a charm. And for your situation, you also could try using the function of ALLSELECTED like this:

Percentage_ALLSELECTED =
DIVIDE (
    SUM ( 'Table'[Sales] ),
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Table'[Sales] ), ALLSELECTED ( 'Table' ) )
)

5.PNG

You could watch the video to learn about the difference between the two functions.

The Main Difference Between ALL And ALLSELECTED - Power BI & DAX 

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

I have managed to calculate the percentage for each month for each year (Divide). I would like your support to replicate the same but for the categories per year, I cannot make the sums by category (A, B) for each year and thus calculate their corresponding percentage per year.

I have managed to calculate the percentage for each month for each year (Divide). I would like your support to replicate the same thing but for the categories per year, I cannot make the sums per category (A,B) for each year and in this way calculate its corresponding percentage per year.

datos.JPGtaje by month for each year, I want to replicate it by category for each year.

v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hdsogno ,

The formula that parry2k suggests works like a charm. And for your situation, you also could try using the function of ALLSELECTED like this:

Percentage_ALLSELECTED =
DIVIDE (
    SUM ( 'Table'[Sales] ),
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Table'[Sales] ), ALLSELECTED ( 'Table' ) )
)

5.PNG

You could watch the video to learn about the difference between the two functions.

The Main Difference Between ALL And ALLSELECTED - Power BI & DAX 

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Hi Xue Ding -

You and parry2K made my day!  His solution gave me the percentage of all products.  I was was looking for a percentage of only the products selected so I changed the ALL in his solution to the ALLSELECTED that you suggested and that did the trick.

Thanks again!

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@hdsogno here it is

Measure = 
DIVIDE( 
SUM ( 'Table'[Amount] ), 
CALCULATE( SUM ( 'Table'[Amount] ), ALL('Table'[Product Sub Group]))
)

Would appreciate Kudos 🙂 if my solution helped. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Thanks for your help.  Your solution works to get the percentage of ALL products.  I was looking for the percentage of only the products selected.  Substituted ALLSELECTED instead of ALL in your solution and it did the trick.  Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.