Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

EMauterer
Frequent Visitor

Calculate Number of Business Days between two dates

Hoping someone can help.  I've setup a calendar table with a column for (Weekday), and another column that has a 1 for weekday, 0 for non weekday.  

I've joined that table to a Puchase Order table that has a column called [Actual Received Date].

In order to count the days from receipt date through Today's date to get an aging WITHOUT weekends, I'm setup a column with calculation as follows:

PO Business Day Age = calculate(count('Calendar'[Date]),filter('Calendar',DATESBETWEEN('Calendar'[Date],'PO PurchaseOrder'[Actual Received Date],Today())),filter('Calendar','Calendar'[Work Day]=1)

With this calc I'm getting the error "A table of multiple values was supplied where a single value was expected.The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed."  

Any ideas on how I can make this work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@EMauterer wrote:

Hoping someone can help.  I've setup a calendar table with a column for (Weekday), and another column that has a 1 for weekday, 0 for non weekday.  

I've joined that table to a Puchase Order table that has a column called [Actual Received Date].

In order to count the days from receipt date through Today's date to get an aging WITHOUT weekends, I'm setup a column with calculation as follows:

PO Business Day Age = calculate(count('Calendar'[Date]),filter('Calendar',DATESBETWEEN('Calendar'[Date],'PO PurchaseOrder'[Actual Received Date],Today())),filter('Calendar','Calendar'[Work Day]=1)

With this calc I'm getting the error "A table of multiple values was supplied where a single value was expected.The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed."  

@EMauterer

I'll set 1 for weekday and 0 for weekend, then create a measure as below. See more details in the attached pbix file.

PO Business Day Age =
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( 'Calendar'[isWeekday] ),
    FILTER (
        'Calendar',
        'Calendar'[Date] >= MAX ( PurchaseOrder[Actual Received Date] )
            && 'Calendar'[Date] <= TODAY ()
    )
)

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@EMauterer wrote:

@EMauterer

I'll set 1 for weekday and 0 for weekend, then create a measure as below. See more details in the attached pbix file.

PO Business Day Age =
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( 'Calendar'[isWeekday] ),
    FILTER (
        'Calendar',
        'Calendar'[Date] >= MAX ( PurchaseOrder[Actual Received Date] )
            && 'Calendar'[Date] <= TODAY ()
    )
)

Capture.PNG

Hi all

I have used the exact same Calendar table. 

I created a new table for calendar and created the following measure

CalculateWeekday = CALCULATE(SUM('Calendar'[isWeekday]),FILTER('Calendar','Calendar'[Date]>=MAX('AGINGTABLE'[Responded on])&&'Calendar'[Date]<=TODAY()))

Works great, so in 'AGINGTABLE' when i use this [Calculateweekday[ and [Tickets], it displays the number of days till today that the ticket has been opened.

However I have a column in 'TABLE X' called [Last Modified Date]. I need to only display the values where [Last Modified Date] = NULL. Whenever I bring this [Last Modified Date] column into the equation it displays all the values as '205' and when I try to filter on [Last Modified Date] = NULL, it brings up all the values in [Tickets] with just the two values where [Last Modified Date] = NULL but all the other values appear as well with the value '205' in the 'CalculateWeekday' field. 

So it will appear as 

Ticket No.  Last Modified Date CalculateWeekday

1                                                    13

2                 DATEVALUE              205

3                 DATEVALUE               205

4                                                   45

I only want it to display 'NULL' (blank) values, I have set the Visual Level filter for Last Modified Date as to only show blank values but its still displaying like this..

Does anyone know why this is happening? Please note [Last Modified Date] is from 'Table X' , a seperate table but I have created a relationship from 'Table X' to my main table 'AGINGTABLE'

Thanks

AHXL

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try this instead:

PO Business Day Age = CALCULATE(
	CountRows('Calendar'),
	ALL('Calendar'),
	'Calendar'[Date] >= [Actual Received Date],
	'Calendar'[Date] <= Today(),
	'Calendar'[Work Day] = 1
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.