Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jig_S
Frequent Visitor

Calculate Incremental Changes between Dashboard Refresh

We have our app designed on PowerBI embedded; the dashboards are refreshed every week. Is there a way we can calculate the changes in the metrics, say sum of items before and after the dashboard refresh. Would like to use DAX to accomplish this and not the database.

This would help us tremendously to answer a question from our Clientele to identify changes to certain monitored metrics for consistancy and take decisions accordingly. Really appreciate any help I can get to resolve the query.

Best Regards,

2 REPLIES 2
CheenuSing
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Jig_S

One thought that comes to mind is this.

1. In your fact table add a column called RefreshDate that will point to the actual date of refresh.

2. Create a copy of the metric measures and in the new measures filter fact table upto the date of refresh which is lower than the current date of refresh.

3. display the current and lastrefreshed metrics.

If this works for you, please accept this as a solution and also give KUDOS.

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!
KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

It depends on what you're measuring. If the changes come from new records being created in the database, you should be able to write measures that track things by when those records were created. It wouldn't be based on when the dashboard refreshed but it would show the changes over time. I don't think there is any way to track changes since a previous refresh without some intermediate system that saves a snapshot of each refresh's contents. When data is refreshed in Power BI, the old data is not retained. So there is no previous refresh to compare changes against.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.