Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

krishanw
Helper II
Helper II

Calculate If selected string values are True.

I want to calculate if the work type is equal to "Done" ,"Resolved" or "Verified" then the formula

ex: Work Type = Done or Resolved or Verified then 50*05

2 REPLIES 2
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @krishanw ,

unfortunately, I'm not able to provide some help because I miss information like:

• the selection of the mentioned string values is happening by a (multi)-select slicer
  • the selection is happening inside a row context, because you are talking about creating a calculated column
  • the expected result is very unclear, as from 50*05 it is not clear what 05 is, if it is a typo and you are meaning 0.5 why you specify a multiplication and not a simple constant
  • most importantly you did not specify if you want a calculated column or measure.

Please, provide more information to get your question answered quickly, this also honors the time of all the members in this community.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

• the selection of the mentioned string values is happening by a (multi)-select slicer= values coming from a table it's returning the state of the task 
  • the expected result is very unclear, as from 50*05 it is not clear what 05 is, if it is a typo and you are meaning 0.5 why you specify a multiplication and not a simple constant = I mentioned here an example, expecting to return result as below
    "'Efficiency Matrix'[Efficency Rating Total]/[TaskCount]"

• most importantly you did not specify if you want a calculated column or measure= I want to calculate a measure 
     I want to create a measure if the task state is equal to done, resolved, or verified then this formula "'Efficiency Matrix'[Efficency Rating Total]/[TaskCount]"

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.