Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mohanad-Mustafa
Advocate III
Advocate III

Calculate Fiscal Business Days for 2021 (Day Counter)

Hello,

I have a fiscal year for 2021 that starts beginning of December 2020 and ends in end of November 2021.

Right now, we are on business day 197 that basically excludes all the weekends and public holidays in Canada.

What I am trying to accomplish is to create a measure that increment the business day every day so my DAX calculation will work well. My DAX measure should work as follows: Sum(Sales) divided by business day multiplies by 250( Total number of business day in 2021 which is static and doesnt change). Sum of sales is calculated automatically for me using the sum function but how can I create a a counter for business days where the daily counter increase the business day every day automitcally so my forumla keeps refreshing every day.

Thank you kindly for your help

Mohanad

6 REPLIES 6
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Mohanad-Mustafa 

I don't know what your weekday and weeknumber are like, but you can try to create a column to distinguish business day:

Like this:

bussinessday =
IF ( table[weeknumber] <> 6 || table[weeknumber] <> 7, 1, 0  )//6,7 depend on your Saturday and Sunday

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please upload some insensitive data samples and expected output.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Janey

Thanks for your kind reply janeyg, I will give it a try soon and let you know the outcome

@Mohanad-Mustafa  

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If problem still persists, pls let me know.

Best Regards,

Hi, @Mohanad-Mustafa 

I will wait for your reply if you still need help, of course, it is best to provide some sample data.

Best Regards,

Mohanad-Mustafa
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi Amit, thanks for your kind reply.

I do have a calendar table but I don't have business day as a column in it, I have Weekday and Weekday Number columns but no Business day column. I also only have invoice date column in the sales table which is linked to the date column on my calendar. Any clue what Dax formula to use to be able to create a business day column please?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Mohanad-Mustafa , Assuming you have calendar joined with sales date having business days  flag

Business days Measure= calculate(distinctcount(Table[Sale Date]), filter(Date, Date[Business Day]=1))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.