Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculate Dynamic Column Based on Slicer

Hi All,

I have recently started working on PowerBI..as per my knowledge (please correct me if I am wrong), the calculated columns do to not change values based on the slicer input..i.e. the calculated column values would only change should the data be refreshed... and measures can't have more than one value.As you can see below, PBI-SDFE(%) is a calculated column and the value from slicer is PBI-Final SDFE. PBI-SDFE(%) does not change based on the slicer(calculated column)..Is there anyway I can implement a dynamic column...? I tried using a measure as well, but since Lookupvalue returns a table of values rather than a single value, that does not work either...Any help in this regard would be appreciated....PBI-Issue1.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

Just add MAX function in the measure.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Comparative-last-30-days/m-p/325001#M144912

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

Just add MAX function in the measure.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Comparative-last-30-days/m-p/325001#M144912

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sam, 

Thanks for your help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi sam, thanks for the reply.

But I want the output the in following format. (PBI-Average-Replenishment-Lead-time(Weeks) is the output column, and as you see, Lookupvalue is working fine but the calculation does not work...Below is the formula..Is there anyway that I can get dynamic column...

Thanks

PBI-Average-Replenishment-Lead-time(Weeks) = LOOKUPVALUE('IPM Model'[Avg. Replen. Lead-time (weeks)],'IPM Model'[Key],'IPM Model Simulation'[Key])*(1+'IPM Model Simulation'[PBI-Final LT])

PBI-Issue2.JPG

affan
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous

Please share some base data and the expected result. Please go through this post.

Regards,

Affan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.