Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

wes-shen-poal
Helper III
Helper III

Calculate Column based on columns from multiple tables

Hi there,

Below is my model:

ERD.PNG

I would like to calculate a column in the 'inv_unit' table, that gives me the 'srv_event'[placed_time] for each gkey (or row) in the 'inv_unit' table.

but because there are multiple 'srv_event'[placed_time] for a given 'inv_unit'[gkey], the criterion for choosing the correct 'srv_event'[placed_time] is where 'srv_event_types'[id]="UNIT_LOAD"

Please can someone kindly help me by telling me what my calculated column formula in 'inv_unit' data table should look like to achieve this?

Thanks in advance for your help

Wes

3 REPLIES 3
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@wes-shen-poal,

We can use FILTER and RELATED function to get value from another table. If you could provide us some sample data, we can try to figure out the detail formula.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee634202.aspx

Regards,

Charlie Liao

hi @v-caliao-msft

Thanks for looking into this for me.

I've just sent you a private message with a link to the pbix file. I hope that's ok.

Thanks again in advance for your help.

Wes

hi @v-caliao-msft

hope this message finds you well. Just wondering if you had the chance to look at the file I sent?

Thanks,
Wes

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.