Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculate Column Does Not Respond to Filter

I am creating a Matrix in Power BI. The rows consist of 2 Types, which then has several Categories and the Categories consist of sectors. So basically, there is a hierarchy in my Matrix and the value of each row depends on the Column Headers. I created one Measure for the values of the Matrix. The measure made use of the SWITCH command and IF statements, which basically put all measures together in one. I got this one correct, the only problem is the sub totals (Categories) and total (Types) do not add up correctly even if I use the SUMX command in my measure.

So I thought of creating a calculated column using my measures. But when I did this, the values are not responding to my filters, like date, IDs, etc. It just shows the TOTAL values for every Sector.

Any idea on how I could resolve this? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I finally solved it. I was placing the SUMX statement in the wrong place. It should be placed before the SWITCH commands. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

To get the correct total value of a measure, please refer to this article:

Dealing with Measure Totals

Besides, as you know, calculated column is not a correct solution in your scenario as it cannot return values dynamically based on slicer.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I finally solved it. I was placing the SUMX statement in the wrong place. It should be placed before the SWITCH commands. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.