Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Arman_Rzn
Frequent Visitor

Calculate Average of Price in different Periods

Hi,

I am new here so I don't know if this problem was discussed or not.

there is column a = Price, column b = Quantity, column c = Product, column d = Person

Each invoice has this four parameters for all Products.

Not only the price of one Product can be different for each person, but also each person may have bought the same product with different Prices.
For example the price of Product x is 100$ at the beggining of the year and at the end of the year its price is 120$, increasing in steps of 2$.
So in each time period the average price can be different.

How can I calculate this kind of average?

My main problem is that calculating this kind of average is required that the program do the calculation by the time that is given by users not the premade formula.

I'll be thankful if anyone finds a solution for my problem.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Arman_Rzn

It is possible by a measure and a slicer.

However, it is not very clear for your information.

For example the price of Product x is 100$ at the beggining of the year and at the end of the year its price is 120$, increasing in steps of 2$.
So in each time period the average price can be different.

how do you define a time perriod, it is a month or a quarter?

Best Regards

Maggie

Well @v-juanli-msft thank you for your reply, actually it doesn't have a clear definition, I live in Iran and because of the unstable economic situation the sales manager decides to increase the prices at the moment.

And I have to find the Unit Price of each product that each customer have bought, by dividing the Sum price of that product by quantity... for example if there is 3 Product x with unit price of 100$ and 1 Product x with unit price of 108$ between August 1st and September 1st, I want to reach 102$ as the unit price of the product x of customer y.
The main formula is: Sum of Price / Sum of Quantity (for each Product and for each person, by considering the time filtering)

I don't know how to cosnider time filtering. the department may want this for the first quarter, or any other Period. Beginnig and end of this period are not specified.

Is it clear now by these descripiton?

thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.