Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dawcza3
Frequent Visitor

Calculate Age with Direct Query Support

I'm trying to calculate Age from DateOfBirth. Actually I'm do this with transformation date to age and round down. It's works ok, but it not avalaible to use data in direct query mode. So, is there any other way to calculate age which support direct query mode ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dawcza3
Frequent Visitor

@v-ljerr-msft

thanks for replay but actually I do this in simple way :

Age = ROUNDDOWN(((1,0*(TODAY()-Partner[DateOfBirth]))/365);0)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dawcza3
Frequent Visitor

@v-ljerr-msft

thanks for replay but actually I do this in simple way :

Age = ROUNDDOWN(((1,0*(TODAY()-Partner[DateOfBirth]))/365);0)

Hi @dawcza3,

Nice solution!

Could you accept your reply as solution to help others who may have similar issue easily find the answer and close this thread?Smiley Happy

Regards

Noob question, my apologies. I have a very similar need and don't understand where I would define "Age" so that it can be included in the visualization. Is this a new column, or a measure?

Secondly, could it be applied to a summarized result. Using this example, to find the age of the youngest person in a family?

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dawcza3,

According to your description above, you should be able to use the formula below to create a calculate column to calculate age in direct query mode.Smiley Happy

Age =
YEAR ( TODAY () ) - YEAR ( Table1[DateOfBirth] )
    + IF (
        DATE ( 1900, MONTH ( TODAY () ), DAY ( TODAY () ) )
            < DATE ( 1900, MONTH ( Table1[DateOfBirth] ), DAY ( Table1[DateOfBirth] ) ),
    )

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.