Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculate 25th and 75th percentile by groups and time

Hello, 

I need to create a graph that compares the data of one individual to summarized data of a group. In excel I usually create box plots for group data and then add a line for individual data but I cannot find an equivalent in Power Bi. Please help!!

This is a sample of a graph in excel, the yellow line is individual data: 

box plots.PNG

This is a sample of what my dataset looks like, only I have 150 vendors with about 50000 deliveries each:

vendortimely delivery
ayes
ano
ayes
ayes
ayes
ayes
bno
bno
bno
byes
byes
cyes
cyes
cyes
cno
cno

I would calculate the percent of timely deliveries for each vendor and then calculate the 25th and 75th percentile along with the median of the vendors' percent of timely deliveries and create the graph. 

I found the box plot and whiskers visualization in the marketplace but it doesn't allow showcasing of the individual data (the yellow line in the graph above)

I am not tied to box plot and whiskers, so if you have recommendations of better graphs that I can try, that'd be incredibly helpful, I do have to graph the median and percentiles somehow though. 

Thank you so much for any help or ideas you can throw at me. 

Sorry for the long post and have a great rest of the week, 

Estefania

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @Anonymous ,

Currently, Box and Whisker by MAQ Software does not provide support to plot individual data for comparison.

We have added your request to our backlog.

We will notify you on this thread when we upgrade our visual with this feature.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Have you tried the Box and Whisker chart by MAQ?

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I tried them and the box plots are fantastic. Unfortunately, they don't have the capability of graphing individual data for comparison (the yellow line in my graph).

Estefania

Hello @Anonymous ,

We recommend you download Box and Whisker by MAQ Software available on AppSource and check if it fits your requirement.

You can also refer to the user guidance document available on our GitHub page.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MARSupport - is there a way to add individual data for comparison to the box plots such as the yellow line in my graph?

Hello @Anonymous ,

Currently, Box and Whisker by MAQ Software does not provide support to plot individual data for comparison.

We have added your request to our backlog.

We will notify you on this thread when we upgrade our visual with this feature.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.