Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

procyon82
Resolver I
Resolver I

CURRENTMONTH() ?

Curious, there is PREVIOUSMONTH() and NEXTMONTH(), how come there isn't CURRENTMONTH()?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Figured it out:

Revenue MTD = CALCULATE(SUM('GA Ecommerce'[Revenue]),PARALLELPERIOD('GA Ecommerce'[Date],0,MONTH))

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
leonardmurphy
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

There's a DATESMTD() - is that what you're looking for?

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee634359.aspx

---
In Wisconsin? Join the Madison Power BI User Group.

I'm trying to calculate the monthly average order size in dollars. My data is listed in daily format. When I create a chart I can add my data and select average and it will display the average daily data nicely. The problem is once you are looking for a weekly or monthly average you end up getting an average of all the daily averages which is close but incorrect.

Revenue MTD = CALCULATE(SUM('GA Ecommerce'[Revenue]),DATEADD('GA Ecommerce'[Date],0,MONTH)) gives me daily revenue
Revenue MTD = CALCULATE(SUM('GA Ecommerce'[Revenue]),MONTH('GA Ecommerce'[Date])) gives me the all time total

Revenue MTD = CALCULATE(SUM('GA Ecommerce'[Revenue]),DATESMTD('GA Ecommerce'[Date])) gives me daily MTD

Previous Month = CALCULATE(SUM('GA Ecommerce'[Revenue]),PREVIOUSMONTH('GA Ecommerce'[Date])) and

Next Month = CALCULATE(SUM('GA Ecommerce'[Revenue]),NEXTMONTH('GA Ecommerce'[Date])) give me exactly what I want but for the wrong month.

Its: 

MONTH(TODAY())

MONTH(TODAY()) would give me this month, what about every month?

Figured it out:

Revenue MTD = CALCULATE(SUM('GA Ecommerce'[Revenue]),PARALLELPERIOD('GA Ecommerce'[Date],0,MONTH))

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks.. that really helped

Been driving me nuts. 
This should really be a standard function though.

That's a much more elegant solution.  I didn't realize your situation and thought you just needed a singular value for a clacluated column or something.  Glad you figured it out.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.