Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

CSV Files - total size limit

Hello

I have 3 CSV files (180mo +3.4go + 3.4go) which are merged on PowerBi Desktop (I have a premium account).

I noticed that all calculations were wrong since the total space storage for those files passed over 6go.

Each CSV file contains financial data per year. For Example, in 2017, I should have a 101k€ turnover. PBI shows me 115k€ if I merge those 3 csv files.

If I create a specific PBI with one CSV file, I do have the correct figures.

The most ashtonishing is that I don't have any error message when I do import the data.

Any idea please ? Is it linked to my Ram Memory or my processor ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

How did you combine the three tables? Merge queries or append queries? If they were merged, which option did you choose, inner join, lefter outer join or any other?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

How did you combine the three tables? Merge queries or append queries? If they were merged, which option did you choose, inner join, lefter outer join or any other?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yulgu-msft I combined them with append. In query editor, I used table.combine().

FYI, the total size of my pbix is around 400mo. I don't understand if the file size limit explained in PBI tutorials concerns the source files (csv) or the pbix file. Could it be the problem ?

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

So, is the 101k€ turnover number some calculation that you are doing? Where does that number come from?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 101k€ calculated is done with access.
I found this result too wkth powerbi desktop if I import one csv file which contains 2017's data.

I'm so desperate Greg_Deckler. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.