cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pwar Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

CSV Export - how to configure?

Hi there!

I'm new to the community and I've got some questions about Power BI Desktop language/localization/csv export settings.

It's mainly about the confusion about dot/comma seperators. Unfortunately I couldn't find any reasonable information about those questions. - So I hope, you can help me 🙂

Is it possible to configure the format of csv exports from visualizations?

If possible, maybe you could tell me how to set the...

• value delimiter
  • decimal separator
  • thousands separator

Which format is used by default for csv exports?

Does it depend on...

• operating system language/locale?
  • Power BI Desktop language/locale?
  • anything else?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
v-cherch-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: CSV Export - how to configure?

Hi @pwar

Based on my research, first, there is no way to configure the format of csv exports from visualizations. Here is the Microsoft document about Export data from Power BI visualizations. If you have any concern on this feature, you may submit your idea here. Second, it seems that csv exports depend on the Power BI Desktop language.

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Users Online
Currently online: 186 members 3,457 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: