Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kchi

CROSSFILTER Incorrectly Omitting Records When Counting

My colleague and I are trying to create a table visual that combines aggregated data from two tables. Table 1 contains data on my company's clients and Table 2 contains a list of all potential clients. We want to generate a table visual that combines and shows the counts of current clients and potential clients by U.S. state (see below). 

State Counts.png

The Current Clients field is a measure that is calculated by:

Current Clients = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table 1'[Client ID]), CROSSFILTER('Table 2'[Client ID],'Table 1'[Client ID],Both))

I am able to generate the correct total count for clients (394) but my colleague is unable to produce the same results, even though we are working off the exact same data files and have copied each step side-by-side. We found that my colleague's table visual is leaving off (not counting) the final 6 rows of data for FL, resulting with 388 as the total, even though we have set up the exact same relationships, measure, and data tables. (Note that the 6 omitted FL records are not the very last rows on the table, but are the final 6 records just for the FL rows.)

Does anyone know why this discrepancy is occurring and how we resolve the issue so that he can reproduce my results?

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kchi ,

I can’t reproduce your issue. Can you share more details ?

1. Do you try to open his file in your machine? Or do he open yours in his machine?
  2. Do you both use the latest vision of  Power BI?
  3. Is there any relationship between the tables?
  4. Have you transformed and shaped data before you create the measure?

Maybe you could share us a sample file and mask the sensitive data. Then we can try to reproduce the issue and solve it.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @kchi 

Try to create a new PBIX file for you both.

And/Or provide us the PBIX files for reference.

It can be a buggy PBIX file, or a filter is applied somewhere on the way.

Cheers!
A

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.