Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

CRITICAL Latest Version of Desktop completely breaks my report

Hi

I've updated Desktop today (v2.83.5898.0) and I opened one of my reports (a common one that we modify at least once a month, it's critical and we update it often). Once loaded, PBI says with the yellow bar that I have "unapplied changes in the model". That was weird because I had made no change in the model but as we're a team I thought that maybe someone else did it. So I did apply the modification and BAM nothing works anymore. Pretty much every visual broken. Measures and columns of the tables disappeared. So I opened Power Query and where I was used to see all of my list of tables on the left, it was empty, no table.

So I did another experiment, I just close without saving, reopened, SAVE the file (no changes at all, just open and save), close and reopen and again everything is completely broken.

This is happening on one of our reports, we have tested 3 or 4 others and they work. I'm completely blocked since I can't do anything on deskop.

Has it happened to you?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, a new version has been released that fixed this bug.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , seems like I am still on the last version. But when did they release July 2020?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't this is July update, it's probably a patch or something. At least, it haven't been announced a July release.

Hi  @Anonymous ,

Pls update to the latest version : 2.83.5894.442 64-bit (July 2020).

Sounds like some features are against your version.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, a new version has been released that fixed this bug.

spg_vizcube
Helper II
Helper II

Hi 

I also have the same version as yours, but thankfully it didn't happen with me. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.