Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

srikumarv
Regular Visitor

COunt rows or get value of specific column

Hi,

I was trying to see how could get count of rows or the value of index column i have created for table. I have cummulative percentage column and i want to get count of row or index column value for the condition where cumulative percentage is less than or equal to 75%

Dynamic Title List.JPG

Based on above data i want to get the value of index column or the count of rows for cumulative percentage (CUM_PT%) less than  75.0% . I have tried countrows and it always gives me the total number of rows

NumberOfBrokers = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(BROKER_GROUP_INFO),BROKER_GROUP_INFO[CUM_PT%]<=75.0)

Appreciate any guidance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
DoubleJ
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi 

Your formula looks good. I think the CUM_PT% colum is formatted to be displayed in percentage. The real value for the first row (11.6%) probably is 0.116. Therefore 75% would be 0.75. So, change your formula from 75 to 0.75 and you should be ready to go.

I hope my assumptions are correct.

JJ

View solution in original post

Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@srikumarv

hi, Cum_pt% is percentage so 75% is 0.75

NumberOfBrokers = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(BROKER_GROUP_INFO),BROKER_GROUP_INFO[CUM_PT%]<=0.75)

Lima - Peru

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@srikumarv

hi, Cum_pt% is percentage so 75% is 0.75

NumberOfBrokers = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(BROKER_GROUP_INFO),BROKER_GROUP_INFO[CUM_PT%]<=0.75)

Lima - Peru
DoubleJ
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi 

Your formula looks good. I think the CUM_PT% colum is formatted to be displayed in percentage. The real value for the first row (11.6%) probably is 0.116. Therefore 75% would be 0.75. So, change your formula from 75 to 0.75 and you should be ready to go.

I hope my assumptions are correct.

JJ

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.