Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

schoden
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

COUNTIF

Hi All, 

I am confused why there is variance between these two approach.  To count the member where conditions are:

a. status = closed or resolved 

b. date is Yesterday

I created measure closed:

CLosed =
CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(table[member]), table[status]="Closed" || table[status]= "Resolved" && table[Date_Entered_UTC]= TODAY()-1 )
)
Result is
closed1.JPG
Second Approach which I dont prefer shows correct result: I have put page/visual filter.

closed 2.JPG

I think my DAX wrong , it is not picking up the expression for date for Yesterday.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@schoden , Try like

CLosed =
CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(table[member]),filter(table, (table[status]="Closed" || table[status]= "Resolved") && table[Date_Entered_UTC]= TODAY()-1 )
)

@amitchandak  Thanks for your response.

yes I did it that way also  . It gives same result - with and without FILTER

Hi @schoden u need and if, in order to give a specific behavior with and without filter, try with this 

mesuare = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Date])>1,,SUM('Table'[value]), CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[value]), 'Table'[Date] = TODAY()-1))

I leave you the .pbix

thanks and regards
kevderbeste
Helper III
Helper III

hi @schoden You need something like this, in order to have the correct calculate.

Whit variables is easier and clear. 

mesuare =
VAR lastday = PREVIOUSDAY('Table'[Date])
var calculat = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[value]), 'Table'[Date] = lastday)
return calculat

I leave you the .pbix here https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtEkAF7ffIsqg8RU_Q8H3f_rdntrBA?e=b8fdVl

@kevderbeste Hi

Thanks for sharing the file.   Previousday function takes back one day earlier any Day a user chooses in the date slicer. 

But I want to set the date to YESTERDAY , user dont have to choose the date in slicer.  It is set to YESTERDAY automatically so when day goes , automatically it shows a day before today. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.