Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

christianfcbmx
Post Patron
Post Patron

CLARIFY POWER BI UPDATE PROCEDURE PLEASE!

I have window 10, my power bi desktop app popped up a message saying that I need to update my version...ok I clicked on that bubble and follow all the indications where at the end said that this program is already install in my computer....so I cant get the new updates and this keep saying that I have to get the last version...I always got lost whith this procedure...do I need to uninstall it and install PBI back  ????? ...Getiing the PBIupdate is quite annoying...somebody could give me a hand?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @christianfcbmx,

First the latest version of Power BI Desktop is Version: 2.56.5023.1021 64-bit (March 2018). For you current Power BI Desktop version, you can check it by going to File -> Help -> About. So please make a verification first.

Then about the Windows pop up update window. I have also encountered once before even I was using the latest version. Thereby if you are using the latest version and everything works fine. I think you can just ignore the message.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @christianfcbmx,

First the latest version of Power BI Desktop is Version: 2.56.5023.1021 64-bit (March 2018). For you current Power BI Desktop version, you can check it by going to File -> Help -> About. So please make a verification first.

Then about the Windows pop up update window. I have also encountered once before even I was using the latest version. Thereby if you are using the latest version and everything works fine. I think you can just ignore the message.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Thank you for your help @v-xjiin-msft...pitty that this update dynamic is like this.

I found quite annoying to update power BI Desktop... why it wasnt thought to update automatically like the most programs I know?

BIG MAJOR PAINS:

1-. Overwrite the old version and install again (Ive saw ppl wasting hours trying to find a desire UPDATE botton)

2-. My colleagues are not worry about updating and sometime when we share pbix files we found errors

3.- In window 10, even if my file is updated a have an annoying pop up saying that I have to get the new version

Thanks for understanding

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.