Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dbernabefdez
Frequent Visitor

CHARTICULATOR QUESTIONS (Max number of rows & Problems with more than one measure)

Hi Community!

I started using Charticulator a few days ago and that throw me to some questions

1. Does anyone know certainly if there´s a limit in the number of rows for the Chart? 

I´m working with much more than 10k rows, and the visual is just taking in ascending order the first 10k rows... How could I modify that behaviour to take random points and not points in an specific order?

DavidBernabeQBI_0-1622562524964.png

2. I´m trying to make one visual that combines a Scatter Chart and a Line Chart, the idea is to make something like this but merged in one visual instead or in two 

DavidBernabeQBI_1-1622562837939.png

Scatter chart: Xaxis: AvgWindSpeed_byDevice

Yaxis: Power by Device Avg (kW)  

Line Chart: Xaxis: AvgWindSpeed_byDevice_floor       

Yaxis: Power Expected WPC by Device AVG (kW)

The main problem is that I can´t see the measure selected with a red box in the fields pane so i can not make the line chart

DavidBernabeQBI_2-1622563257407.png

5 REPLIES 5
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, 

According to the maximum number of rows that the visual can manage in the Charticulator, I can’t find any documents that talk about it, but when it refers to the rows of data you can import into Power BI, there is no limitation on it, Power BI offers two licenses, Power BI (free) and Power BI Pro, with different data capacity limits:

• Free users have a maximum of 1 GB data capacity.
  • Pro users of Power BI Pro have 10 GB maximum capacity.
  • Pro users can create groups, with a maximum of 10 GB data capacity each.

For more information, you can also refer to these documents:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-the-new-charticulator-visual-public-preview/

https://radacad.com/introduction-to-charticulator-create-custom-visual

https://www.kasperonbi.com/build-your-custom-visual-with-charticulator-and-power-bi/

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Robert 

Thanks for your answer, 

My question comes because when i see the preview table in charticulator, i cant see more than 10000 rows, and thats what makes me suspect that theres a limit in the number of rows that the visual can manage.

DavidBernabeQBI_0-1622729087394.png

I tryed to find some information in the documentation about it but i wasnt lucky.

Best regards, 

David

Hi, 

Unfortunately, I can’t find any document that talks about this limitation either. But I think the 10000 rows may be the potential limitation according to your test.

Here’s an issue I’ve found that talks about this limitation, but no one replied:

https://github.com/microsoft/charticulator/issues/264

Step Beyond the 10GB Limitation of Power BI

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

dbernabefdez
Frequent Visitor

This is the closest i get to the visual but i still need the second measure "Power Expected WPC by Device AVG (kW)" for the Line chart to asign the Y values. 

DavidBernabeQBI_0-1622566710429.png

Thanks in advance!

regards,

David

Hi

Finally, I achieve the Scatter and the Line chart with Charticulator in the same visual but I still need to know the maximum number of rows that the visual can manage because I´m working with much more than 10000 rows. 

This is the visual when I filter to view only one item

DavidBernabeQBI_0-1622630155333.png

When i unfilter to view more than one item, the curve reduce the number of points and gets cut so i can not see all the points.

DavidBernabeQBI_2-1622630588330.png

Does anyone know how to view random points and not points in a specifical order?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.