Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bahaaa_bouakl
Frequent Visitor

CDS option set field appearing empty

I have imported data from the a common data set custom entity to Power BI Desktop.

i have a field"Approval Status" (2 options: Appproved,Rejected) which is an option set field.

In the query editor, the filed appear to have data. Even in the data profiler, Empty is 0% and i have 2 disctinct values.

But in the visuals, the field is appearing empty!

i tried to create a custom column from example or as conditional. i still have data in query editor but not in visuals (appearing empty in visuals!).

In the query editor, when i tried to "Remove Empty" from the column, all rows where removed as if the column was empty!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Amy,

No filters on page or report level.

I am using the exacct version you mentioned (2.68.5432.661).

i refreshed the data and nothing hcanged.

So, i downloaded the latest PBI version (2.68.5432.841), i then went to the query editor Applied Steps manager.

i removed the column from the second step. i Saved. then i went again and added it. i applied and closed the query editor and VOILA!

the data appeared.

I am not sure whether it is the version upgrade or the "Applied Steps" mini "hack" that fixed the issue...

if someone is not ready to update his PBI version, and has the same issue, maybe he should check removing then readding the column first.

Thank you for your help Amy.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bahaaa_bouakl ,

Have you set some filters such as Visual level Filter, page level Filter or Report level Filter. Or you can check the version of Power BI Desktop on your side, and the try it again after updating to the latest version 2.68.5432.661.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Amy,

No filters on page or report level.

I am using the exacct version you mentioned (2.68.5432.661).

i refreshed the data and nothing hcanged.

So, i downloaded the latest PBI version (2.68.5432.841), i then went to the query editor Applied Steps manager.

i removed the column from the second step. i Saved. then i went again and added it. i applied and closed the query editor and VOILA!

the data appeared.

I am not sure whether it is the version upgrade or the "Applied Steps" mini "hack" that fixed the issue...

if someone is not ready to update his PBI version, and has the same issue, maybe he should check removing then readding the column first.

Thank you for your help Amy.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.